I'm so excited to participate in the Lime and Violet secret swap. Here's my answers to the survey questions:
1. What kind of fibers do you prefer?
I love anything soft. Right now I’m in love with alpaca. I’m also really curious about some of the new fibers like bamboo. Since I live in Calif, I would like to find something that's not as warm as wool - some kind of cotton blend? Mohair, on the other hand, I hate, hate, hate! I love the look, but find it to be too scratchy on my neck, the fibers get in my throat and I have a heck of a time knitting with it.
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)?
I like sock, DK, sport or worsted! I just went crazy buying laceweight, so I have enough of that to last me for years!
3. Do you spin?
Not yet– my daughter and I learned to spin at Stitches (see my last post!) It’s a slippery slope!
4. Do you crochet?
I used to crochet a lot in college. I still do an occasional project, mostly items in the round like hats, bowls and bags.
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't?
Umm, yes, but the list is way too long! I would love to get the Fiber Trends felting patterns for the hedgehog or penguin!
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum?
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link)
No – that would require a commitment to be patient!
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
Just about any of them!
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)?
I’m a big scrapbooker (or used to be before I got consumed by knitting) and like creating things out of my scrapbook supplies (covered journals, decoupaged monograms, etc)
10. What is your favorite sort of scent?
I’m allergic to strong fragrance and all perfumes. However, natural scents like rose and lavender I like, if not too strong. (I grow lots of roses!)
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best?
CHOCOLATE! I’ve been trying to eat only dark chocolate since I can justify it as heart healthy!
12. What kind of music do you like?
I love my baby boomer music but have pretty eclectic tastes – from Norah Jones to Randy Newman, the Beatles, Sting, James Taylor. No heavy metal, rap or Britney Spears music for me!
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom?
Well, socks of course! (Thanks to L&V!) I mostly knit for myself, but also knit for the teenage daughter. When I’m brave enough to tackle a sweater, I will make one for my husband (he’s actually requested one!)
14. What sort of things do you like to collect?
Anything handmade and books! Edited to add "and ducks of course!!"
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer?
Since I’m the impatient sort, I probably have all the needles I need. I’m in love with my new KnitPicks Options. I started with their dpn’s, but now prefer to knit my socks using two circulars. I guess one can never have enough 1’s and 2’s!